SuperOva

A cheap but charming NYC lesbian mom muses about muses about consumerism and wanting the good life, without having to pay top dollar for it. (Oh, and with some random ramblings about her own extended family, parenting toddlers, the NYC school system, fashion, Lindsay Lohan, and other fun stuff.)

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Becoming a Junkie


Used to be, I viewed people who watched hour after hour of TV with derision. I mean, I had my shows I liked--I could watch three hours in a row of Law & Order. Sometimes I could watch an episode I'd already seen, sometimes one I'd even seen more than once! (The one that starred Katherine Moenning, Shane from the L Word, I watched a few times. And the one with the lesbian stalker/murderer of her lover's husband.)

Since I've been pregnant, I'm clocking a lot of couch time. I'm almost embarrassed about it, but in a way, I'm psyched that I have an excuse to watch so much TV. I have a new obsession though: Without a Trace. I'm so much more into it than L&O now. I had known Anthony LaPaglia was on the show, but other than that, I didn't watch. WAT follows Cold Case, another of my favorite crime drama shows, on Sunday nights, and once I stayed up late and watched it. I'm hooked now. A friend of ours who has worked with Poppy Montgomery, the hot, sassy blonde FBI agent (above), said, "She is one crazy bitch. The craziest actor I've ever worked with, besides a drunk Tom Berenger." I love her even more for that!

More exciting is the second to last night of The Biggest Loser, tonight. I'm not SO into the show, but I love the last 30 seconds, when the person kicked off the ranch gets a minute at the end, so that we can see what s/he looks like today. The transformations are incredible, and so miraculous. I feel they spend too much time on the weigh-ins though.

In between reruns of WAT last night, I read a pretty useful book called Balancing Pregnancy and Work. A lot of the stuff I already knew, and I'm lucky to work for a company that has a great maternity leave, but if you don't, check out the book.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, no! Am I one of those people that you secretly scorn for watching hours upon hours of television?? Hello, My name is Nick and I'm a pop culture and TV junkie.

I've never seen WAT, but you seem to like the crime procedurals. Do you like CSI? NCIS?

9:35 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

OK I could watch three or MORE hours of Law and Order, no problem. And I LOOOVE Without a Trace, especially when Sam and Elena, the FBI Agents with Long FLowing Hair, Full Lips, and Equally Long Legs team up. And Martin Fitzgerald? Could he please be my FBI agent husband so we can have crinkly eyed children and a St. Bernard?

5:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home