SuperOva

A cheap but charming NYC lesbian mom muses about muses about consumerism and wanting the good life, without having to pay top dollar for it. (Oh, and with some random ramblings about her own extended family, parenting toddlers, the NYC school system, fashion, Lindsay Lohan, and other fun stuff.)

Saturday, February 10, 2007

Anna Sighting, Up Close

Last night art director Chris and I went to the Costello Tagliapietra show--they are this gay couple who look like lumberjacks/bears, and who live in Brooklyn and who design together. They are so cute! Chris and I didn't get seats--it was so crowded--we stood near the door where we could see, right next to the camerawomen from WWD. I was getting cranky and didn't want to stand, as we'd been spoiled and had a seat for every show previous, but I'd heard such good things about these designers and I saw that Anna and Andre Leon Talley were both there. If Anna's at a show, you know that one is worth seeing. So we stayed, and it was beautiful. Ruched, form-fitting jersey dresses in gorgeous colors--stuff I can see both Chris and I wearing to work. Right after the show, I walked out because we were right next to the door, and Anna somehow got ahead of us and was right in front of me, in an amazing fitted leopard coat. Ingrid was waiting outside the tents for me and she saw Anna come out first, and then saw me come out, with my eyes all wide and excited because of finally having a good Anna spotting. Ing and I were going to try to head to Babbo for an impromptu date night at the bar, and we followed Anna and her two bodyguards for two blocks until she got into her car, a silver Towne Car, and drove off.

We got a cab to Babbo, Mario Batali's original restaurant in the West Village. Serendipitously, we got two seats right in the middle of the bar. I've never been able to get a reservation there myself, so we were psyched. We had a martini and a glass of wine, and shared an octopus salad, then a very mild pasta with bottarga (tuna eggs), and then a wheat pasta with anchovy sauce. Yum! I can't write about this on other other blog, the Brooklyn Dining Club, so do visit that blog, which our friend Nick started to discuss our Brooklyn dining experiences.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home