SuperOva

A cheap but charming NYC lesbian mom muses about muses about consumerism and wanting the good life, without having to pay top dollar for it. (Oh, and with some random ramblings about her own extended family, parenting toddlers, the NYC school system, fashion, Lindsay Lohan, and other fun stuff.)

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Paging Anna Wintour, and fertility drugs

Today, I finally saw her. The Anna. She was at the Peter Som fashion show, which was beautiful. The first really big show I've been invited to attend, and it was a pleasure. Anna was there, taking up almost a whole row, with her posse of at least seven in the first row, and four behind her.

I sat next to a colleague from Bloomingdale's, who apparently knew more about my personal life than I'd realized she did. When I told her I was pregnant, she said, in a really jokey voice, "How'd that happen? NYU?" I laughed and said, "RMA." [Reproductive Medicine Associates] I heard all about her trials of being on Clomid and doing IUIs, and how now that she's 40, she wants it to happen quickly and is considering going on injectable drugs right away because she doesn't want to waste any more time. When I told her about my acupuncture, how I thought that really helped, she said she'd been doing that too, but she seemed pretty set on doing the fertility drugs and speeding the process along. A colleague in her office did IVF and had triplets a year ago. My colleague said, "You're gonna do some normal names for me, right?" I laughed this off and said that we were doing some traditional family names, but that we might do some non-gender specific ones, and she seemed to think this was crazy. To each her own, right? Everyone is very opinionated about names, it seems!

Apparently the most memorable fashion show thus far has been Marc Jacobs. I didn't get a ticket to that one; I never have. It's one of the harder tickets in town to procure. But everyone's raving about it, saying it looks very American but European-inspired. I did interview Marc Jacobs earlier this year for my mag, Little Brown Book, and really dug him. I tried to take Ingrid to Heatherette show last night, but the line was too long and we only had standing tickets, so we didn't wait. Baby, I'm sorry I'm not a bigger editor, and could get you front row seats to a show. Maybe someday...

On the cover of Us weekly this week is a story about Britney's recently revealed lesbian affairs, and how this could threaten her custody battle. Are you kidding? She's a mess, lesbian affairs or not--those have nothing to do with her parenting skills, let's talk about her BAD TASTE IN MEN! Oh, Sean Preston Federline, we pray for you...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home