SuperOva

A cheap but charming NYC lesbian mom muses about muses about consumerism and wanting the good life, without having to pay top dollar for it. (Oh, and with some random ramblings about her own extended family, parenting toddlers, the NYC school system, fashion, Lindsay Lohan, and other fun stuff.)

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Another Corporate Cafeteria, with Soul

Started a new freelance job at a major publishing company in midtown this week, and finally visited the cafeteria today. Like the one at the previous company I worked for, this one has a nice range of food options, and is cheap.

Got a chicken salad sandwich today and made friends with the sandwich guy, who is clearly an artiste. He was gingerly slicing my lettuce leaf so that it fit inside the nine-grain roll that had to contain it (I hate how a big lettuce leaf sticks out and makes eating a sandwich difficult, too), and I commented on how I liked his practice, and he said, "Culinary school, my dear." Love that he went to culinary school! And then he said, "Would you enjoy a pickle with your creation today?" I mean, he's calling a chicken salad sandwich a "creation." This is a man who takes pride and joy in his work. He's my new office boyfriend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home