SuperOva

A cheap but charming NYC lesbian mom muses about muses about consumerism and wanting the good life, without having to pay top dollar for it. (Oh, and with some random ramblings about her own extended family, parenting toddlers, the NYC school system, fashion, Lindsay Lohan, and other fun stuff.)

Friday, February 16, 2007

23 Weeks, Food Police, and Registering


SuperOva is 23 wks pregnant today! Next week will be six months, which hardly seems feasible! We met a friend who is 8 months, and she'd gained almost NO weight, except in her belly, and I was envious. Ingrid told me not to sweat it. This woman's been RUNNING through her pregnancy--something I can't even imagine. I'm trying not to beat myself up about it. This woman at work saw me eating a chocolate chip cookie that someone got for V Day, and she's seen me mac on sweets at her desk too, and she was like, "So you're eating a lot of sweets?"

And I was like, "Yup!"

She said, "Be careful, your baby will want to eat sweets too then."

Me: "Well, who doesn't?"

Her: "I'm just saying, they say babies like to eat what you like to eat."

Me: "Good. If that's true, Tiny will like sushi, salad, every ethnic food imaginable, margaritas, martinis, and sweets of only really high quality."

In other words, SHUT UP! (PS If you look closely at the side view of me, you can see exactly where all the sweets have landed.)

Ing and I have been maniacs online with our Buy Buy Baby and Target registries. I've been sick this week so we've spent a lot of nights at home, editing, revising, reposting, adding to the registries. It's exhausting! This just in: We're having a fifth shower, thrown by Ingrid's best friend from high school, Katie (mother of Sammie, 7-y.o. lover of Chinatown bargains). This one will be Ingy's high school friends. So cute!

I feel like an asshole. I told Ing's mom, and mine, that we didn't want all pink outfits. That I didn't want to sound ungrateful but that I didn't want to overly feminize our daughter. Our friend Liz says, "Liz, that might be out of your control. Plus, people are gonna get what they're gonna get, no matter what you say, really." So what can we do. Ilka: The baby Uggs!!?? XOXO

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Liz,
I just read the "eating" posting. Stop freaking out. You look great. Believe me...if you look good enough to post yourself on the internet in your bra and underwear, pregnant or not, you look FINE!

I liked the comment from a friend about the baby will always crave what you eat while pregnant. Poor Sam. No wonder she likes McDonalds and any carb an sweet ever invented. She didn't have a chance from the start! Oh, please...give me a break. If she looks at you again while you are eating a cookie, growl at her!

I am glad that all is well. Look for a little something in the mail today or tomorrow. (Hint, its, gasp, PINK!)
Love,
Katie

11:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

PS: Sammie loves her blue Uggs that Mom Mom gave her!

11:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home