SuperOva

A cheap but charming NYC lesbian mom muses about muses about consumerism and wanting the good life, without having to pay top dollar for it. (Oh, and with some random ramblings about her own extended family, parenting toddlers, the NYC school system, fashion, Lindsay Lohan, and other fun stuff.)

Friday, January 26, 2007

20 Weeks, and SuperOva is feeling it


Wow! I looked at this picture of me, frontview, and I am starting to feel like a hot pregnant mama! I did a spin class yesterday--really needed it after a kind of stressy day at work--and I just can't work up a sweat at the gym like I used to. Maybe there's some reason for that, hormonally or whatever, but I just can't get a "good workout." I have to be OK with that, though.

My friend Kara introduced me to this new site developed by nerve, called Babble (babble.com) that's has parenting content, but geared to a Nerve-like sexy audience. I decided I have to write something for it. (Sorry about the non-embedded links here, people, but on the Mac, I'm not offered the option of embedding. It's annoying.)

Did we all see that Paris Hilton's secrets (did she have anymore?) are unleashed now, thanks to that dumb storage unit that she forgot to pay? And that Anne Heche left her husband for her costar in Men in Trees, hot lumberjack Jack?

I'm starting to need maternity clothes, and am not sure where to turn. Don't really want to maternity shop. I need pants!

Our friend Liz says we have to register, even if we don't want to, for our baby shower. Another friend Jen says that because we are "city girls," we "have to get the Bugaboo." Arrrgh. How do you figure all of this out without having to go to Buy Buy Baby, which I really don't want to do? I think we are going to register at Target. I like it there; it feels less targeting-of-mothers-to-buy-shit-we-don't-need. But maybe I'm wrong?

Also being asked to "negotiate" my maternity leave with my workplace. (To potentially get more vacation or something.) Hey, I know my rights!! I read a whole book on the Family Medical Leave Act.

And on Monday is our 20 week anatomy scan ultrasound. I'm 20 weeks--halfway through--this pregnancy! We may have the option to find out the sex on Monday. I guess we need to talk over the weekend...

Watching SherryBaby netflik tonight. Desperately seeking Maggie Gyllenhaal, who moved to the Slope last year. We are hoping to run into her this spring, on one of our walks to Prospect Park...

1 Comments:

Blogger ALLY said...

hello gorgeous! you are amazing looking! Ingrid sent me to your blog to catch up on all the news---thank you to you both for letting me in on the good stuff! Welcome to the greatest adventure ever! what a lucky baby to get to have two most amazing mommies. Lots of love! bridey

9:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home