SuperOva

A cheap but charming NYC lesbian mom muses about muses about consumerism and wanting the good life, without having to pay top dollar for it. (Oh, and with some random ramblings about her own extended family, parenting toddlers, the NYC school system, fashion, Lindsay Lohan, and other fun stuff.)

Monday, August 13, 2007

SuperOva is trying to get back to blogging...

Was talking to my friend (Uncle) Nick this weekend, and he encouraged me to start blogging again. I told him I've been hesitant because I don't want to do just a baby book online, and that I'm not sure how to get back to blogging in ways that are meaningful for me, without being like, "Clyde smiled today. Clyde pooped again. Clyde is crying."

So I'm just jumping in, writing about stuff that's on my mind, as a new parent.

I was at Bloomingdale's the other day and a middle-aged woman came up and was ogling Clyde. She looked closely at her, then closely at me, then back at Clyde.

"She looks like her father," she said.

Me: "Something like that."

Damn it! Where was my sense of wit? I should have said, "Actually, she looks like her other mommy. Or at least that's what we asked for at the sperm bank."

1 Comments:

Blogger Nick said...

Welcome BACK!

9:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home