SuperOva

A cheap but charming NYC lesbian mom muses about muses about consumerism and wanting the good life, without having to pay top dollar for it. (Oh, and with some random ramblings about her own extended family, parenting toddlers, the NYC school system, fashion, Lindsay Lohan, and other fun stuff.)

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Advice from Great Grandma

My mom called this morning. She talked to my Ba Ngoai (maternal grandmother) and said Ba Ngoai was so excited about Baby Clyde. She said Ba couldn't sleep the night I went into the hospital because she was so excited. She also told my mom to pass on some advice to me about baby-raising (Ba had eight children!). Here's my favorite bit:

--If her poop is green, that's good. But if it's too green, lay off the salads. (!)

We are preparing the documents we need for the second-parent adoption, so Ingrid can adopt Clyde. It's sort of interesting, all the stuff we need. Also a hassle. I try not to get bitter about the fact that if we were legally allowed to marry, Clyde would automatically be Ingrid's legal daughter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home