SuperOva

A cheap but charming NYC lesbian mom muses about muses about consumerism and wanting the good life, without having to pay top dollar for it. (Oh, and with some random ramblings about her own extended family, parenting toddlers, the NYC school system, fashion, Lindsay Lohan, and other fun stuff.)

Thursday, January 18, 2007

Our future families

Lindsay Lohan has entered rehab. She's 20. Drew Barrymore did this, too, but like, 15 years ago. This can only be good for Lindsay, as I think she needs to stay home for a little while, and not get her picture taken. She was destined for self-immolation for years now, but we'll see how long it lasts. She's already worked with Robert Altman and Meryl Streep, so don't fuck it up, Linds!

Last night we saw some friends, one of whom is 24 weeks pregnant, about six weeks ahead of me, and one whom we found out last night is 12 weeks pregnant, six weeks behind me. I was so thrilled. It's nice to have other friends pregnant at the same time, and fun to think about how our kids could grow up being friends.

After dinner, I dreamt last night about my childbirth. In my dream, my friend who is 12 weeks pregnant was giving birth right before me. It was like a factory of deliveries, but not in a bad way. Dr. Dodson was there, encouraging me. The labor wasn't as horrible as I had expected, and I recall breathing through the pain. And being scared, nonetheless, about what was to come.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home