SuperOva

A cheap but charming NYC lesbian mom muses about muses about consumerism and wanting the good life, without having to pay top dollar for it. (Oh, and with some random ramblings about her own extended family, parenting toddlers, the NYC school system, fashion, Lindsay Lohan, and other fun stuff.)

Monday, March 19, 2007

Delilah's Progress


I talked to Shana and her husband Jonah again tonight. Heard about labor from his perspective, which was interesting. He said it's very intense, and not what you expect, but that you are really prepared, and you should be flexible.

Shana is doing better with the sleeping, and the breastfeeding, she says. She says every day is easier, and that after a week it did get easier. She said the first couple of days were torture--that the baby didn't latch on naturally, she screamed and screamed, was hungry, that Shana couldn't remember the "holds"--apparently you are taught the football hold, the cradle hold, some other holds, for breastfeeding. It all sounded so complicated! She also said you need a notepad and a stopwatch to time how long you feed on each breast, because you're supposed to do it evenly. So much work!

I thought I was having a contraction this morning, but turns out it was (probably) lower ligament pain, which Shana said comes on normally after exercise, and is a sign you should slow down.

Also I found out that I don't get to have both the midwife AND the OB from Spring OB, so we now have to choose between Dr. Dodson and midwife Bonnie Yim. I didn't want to choose! I wanted to have both for the price of one. Now what???

I just saw Drew Barrymore on Inside the Actors Studio. She said she thinks you have to be a little bit crazy to be interesting/creative/etc. I've always thought that too! I love Drew! (I think Drew might like us, too...)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home