SuperOva

A cheap but charming NYC lesbian mom muses about muses about consumerism and wanting the good life, without having to pay top dollar for it. (Oh, and with some random ramblings about her own extended family, parenting toddlers, the NYC school system, fashion, Lindsay Lohan, and other fun stuff.)

Thursday, March 08, 2007

Mommy Takes a Spin Class

Feeling really good today. Better than normal. I took my regular Thursday lunch spin class, and it really felt good today. I got my heart rate up to 146 and felt energized, and sweated and felt strong. The woman next to me praised me, and said it was hard today for her, and she's not even pregnant. I've been reading that labor book, and feeling some anxiety (as well as excitement) about labor, and trying to visualize my labor, and believe that I can do it--which I know I can. Days like today, I feel like I want to shout out, "I CAN DO IT! I will squeeze you out, Tiny! I did the AIDS Ride, which nearly f'ing killed me, and I can do this, too! You're worth it!"

I want to shout out to pal Jessica's sis-in-law Duffy, who's in her first trimester of her third pregnancy, and who shared with me here that she drinks occasionally (moderately), eats stinky cheeses of all kinds, lunch meats and bacon, and sushi galore! Hallelujah! So do I, and I haven't had any issues yet. My question is, if an anestheseologist can stick a catheter of NARCOTICS into your spine, and it doesn't affect the fetus, how can one half a glass of wine, once every two weeks? This whole not-drinking thing I feel is alarmist, and I will tell Dr. Dodson so.

We saw our friends Alexa and Christian's baby Malx, and he is so f'ing adorable. He's got a big head and chunky and cute and perfect. I can only hope our little Tiny is as perfect as Malcolm. Ingrid talked to Tiny this morning, and said, "You are gonna be friends with Malcolm, and I think that'll be fun for you!" How cute is that?

Also, a random friend of our friend Meredith's husband Conley sent us a baby gift, after meeting us randomly at dinner one night. It's a tiny little tee that says LACTOSE TOLERANT. OMG, how sweet are people???

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home