SuperOva

A cheap but charming NYC lesbian mom muses about muses about consumerism and wanting the good life, without having to pay top dollar for it. (Oh, and with some random ramblings about her own extended family, parenting toddlers, the NYC school system, fashion, Lindsay Lohan, and other fun stuff.)

Thursday, March 29, 2007

Rude People

So, this woman I barely know from the workplace, sees me in the elevator yesterday. She looks at belly, says, "When are you due?"

"Mid-June," I reply.

"Wow. You're gonna be biiiig."

What I wanted to say was, "Fuck you, I am thinner than you are, and I'm seven months pregnant."

What I actually said: "Thanks. My doctor says I'm growing perfectly normally."

She said, "Well you look great. But you have two and a half months to go. You are gonna be biiiig."

Let me tell anyone out there who hasn't been pregnant. A 7-month pregnant woman does not want to hear how big she is going to be. I am already insecure, uncomfortable, and anxious about how big I'm going to get. How hard it already is to get off the floor, and out of bed.

Dr. Dodson today said I looked cute. That a 28-weeks belly is the cutest part!

1 Comments:

Blogger Nick said...

You do have an almost complete living human being that is going to grow into a whole big human being one day INSIDE OF YOU, so I'd be worried if you weren't getting big. And you look more than cute, you look, what I like to call, HOT.

I mean let's see elevator mean lady pose in her bra and panties on the internets!

5:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home