SuperOva

A cheap but charming NYC lesbian mom muses about muses about consumerism and wanting the good life, without having to pay top dollar for it. (Oh, and with some random ramblings about her own extended family, parenting toddlers, the NYC school system, fashion, Lindsay Lohan, and other fun stuff.)

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Nearly Third Trimester


I didn't love the pictures from last Friday, and I've been told they are too provocative. So here are some more, um, covered-up ones.

Meanwhile, being pregnant in NYC is making me sad about humanity. Today I was on a rush-hour train and not a single person offered me a seat, even though the train had major delays and we were in transit for nearly an hour. For the last two stops, I was literally squatting on the ground, wearing workout clothes (so it was obvi that I was preggers). Not that I expect people to give up their seats, but Jesus Christ, I would! And have! It just seems like bad form to me. Whatever, I know I got myself in this "state," but would a little bit of thoughtfulness about your neighbor KILL a New Yorker?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Liz. Just a comment on breastfeeding. Everyone has different opinions on how to do it-you will get different advice from one nurse to another and one lactation consultant to another. Going on my third, I'm much lazier. I will not use a watch, or a timer or a notepad to write anything down. I have never done that-call me lazy, but it was always too much of a pain for me. Also, just to give you one more option...my nighttime doula (yes...it was heaven)told me to do one feeding on one side, the next one on the other, so the baby gets all the hind milk, which is the fatty stuff. That made it very easy-just went as long as Chris wanted to eat. Anyway, I just had to comment-it's just not that tough (after the baby gets the hang of it, that is!).
-Duffy

10:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home