SuperOva

A cheap but charming NYC lesbian mom muses about muses about consumerism and wanting the good life, without having to pay top dollar for it. (Oh, and with some random ramblings about her own extended family, parenting toddlers, the NYC school system, fashion, Lindsay Lohan, and other fun stuff.)

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

NYU Hospital

I'm not in labor yet--don't worry. Ing and I are going for a tour of the OB ward at NYU Hospital tonight. If weather clears up, I'm going to walk there, and clock it--that way I can anticipate for the actual labor day, how long the walk is from work! Everyone at the shower was HORRIFIED that I might walk to the hospital in labor! FYI: according to prenatal yoga standards, you are supposed to walk around, squat, be active as possible through the early contractions. I figure it will be a good distraction. Also I think I'll bring a book of Sudoko puzzles.

Another note: I am working on a book proposal about my journey as a pregnant lesbian. My friend Liz is helping me edit the proposal (thanks Liz!) and I am sure that anything that is ever published will embarrass my mother. So Mom, I apologize in advance. But as I said this weekend, "Wouldn't you rather me have a personality than be some shrinking violet?" I am sure your granddaugher will be horrified, too, as her life unfolds and her mom continues to embarrass her. Especially when she's a teenager.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home