SuperOva

A cheap but charming NYC lesbian mom muses about muses about consumerism and wanting the good life, without having to pay top dollar for it. (Oh, and with some random ramblings about her own extended family, parenting toddlers, the NYC school system, fashion, Lindsay Lohan, and other fun stuff.)

Monday, October 22, 2007

Coffee

Ing thinks I should start another blog about my obsession with decaf coffee. How I can only drink my coffee if it's pure piping hot. If it's really strong and dark. If it has the perfect amount of milk in it. If it's really fresh.

I have gotten into fights with the sales clerks at Starbucks because their decaf doesn't hold up to their regular. Because they let it sit around too long. Because it gets cold and not as fresh as the regular.

I don't like Gorillas in Park Slope because it's not hot enough, and when you add milk it is just downright tepid.

I don't drink regular coffee because I don't need that much caffeine, but I love the ritual and the taste of drinking coffee.

I love Fairway because their coffee is good (the decaf not as much as the regular but beggars can't be choosers), and it's $1, and I love the experience of shopping at Fairway.

There's a great new cafe on Atlantic in our 'hood, Brooklyn Bean and Tea Company, where I paid $4 for a decaf. $4, but it was a fresh French pressed large cup of coffee. It was so delicious and hot. They steamed a little bit of milk for me so I didn't have to ruin it with cold milk. When it started getting not hot, they steamed the coffee for me. The people behind the counter are charming, and cute, and it's a new business and I like supporting the local business.

Ahhhh.... Coffee. Next I'll post about my preferences in martinis.

1 Comments:

Blogger pamela said...

Want to hear my daily Sbux order? Venti sugar-free vanilla, nonfat, 140 degree latte. (I'm soo anti-super-hot coffee.) Starting Nov. 7, it will be Venti sugar-free gingerbread, nonfat, 140 degree latte. Yum!

5:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home