SuperOva

A cheap but charming NYC lesbian mom muses about muses about consumerism and wanting the good life, without having to pay top dollar for it. (Oh, and with some random ramblings about her own extended family, parenting toddlers, the NYC school system, fashion, Lindsay Lohan, and other fun stuff.)

Tuesday, September 04, 2007

First Day Back at Work

Today was my first day back at work after 13 weeks off. Clare, the full time caregiver, showed up around 8:45 and told me she had a plan for the day: to take Clyde to Barnes & Noble in Park Slope and read some books, then meet a friend who has a 3-month-old for a playdate in Prospect Park. I felt so reassured that she had a plan. I told her that someone got shot in the housing project near us, and not to go to that park, and she assured me that she in fact didn't like that park for babies anyway, and not to worry. And she told me that she's looking for Music Together classes for her and Clyde to tell Ingrid and me about. I felt so much better leaving for work. I left around 9:20.

Work was actually great! It is Fashion Week and I got all of my show invites together and put them on my calendar, and I took my close coworkers out for sushi and sake and it was really fun to be with adults again. I got to wear one of my new cute fall outfits and that felt good. I unpacked my office and checked out the kitchen at work.

So, I came home around 5:40. Clare was feeding Clyde, and I was bummed because I had hoped to give her a breastfeeding, but then after Clare left Clyde wanted more, so I fed her a little supplemental breastmilk. After Clare left (and filled out her daily log that Ingrid created online for her), Clyde was kinda fussy and wouldn't burp and didn't seem satisfied. And she wouldn't look me in the eye. I was like, "You've forgotten me already!" My mom was like, "No, she's just resentful you left her." (Thanks Mom.) Anyway, so we got about an hour of playtime and then Ing came home and we made dinner, and then we gave her a bath and she passed out ten minutes later. So I guess she's doing OK. But she didn't seem as happy as when I left this morning. But I guess I'll have to get used to that.

Tomorrow night I have to do this work event for fashion week and Ing's gonna hang with Clyde by herself, which she's looking forward to. I'm kinda bummed though; as Ing says, "Is this just corporate life? You see your kid for an hour in the morning and an hour at night and then they go to bed, and you hang on the weekends." Oy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home