SuperOva

A cheap but charming NYC lesbian mom muses about muses about consumerism and wanting the good life, without having to pay top dollar for it. (Oh, and with some random ramblings about her own extended family, parenting toddlers, the NYC school system, fashion, Lindsay Lohan, and other fun stuff.)

Sunday, October 14, 2007

Clyde, Meet Formula

We gave Clyde a bottle of formula for the first time tonight. I have been doing everything I can to avoid giving her formula, and I'm not sure why. Guilt, because I feel like breastmilk is better? It is, but formula is fine too. Our doc said, "We were all formula-fed, and we turned out ok..." And it's true!

Clyde took to the formula like it was ice cream. She's not a fussy eater. By that, I mean she eats breast milk AND formula, now. We gave it to her because she's been waking up a lot at night, hungry I think. And she eats more than I can produce in a day at work. So we'll see how tonight goes.

Today we took her to an event that Target sponsored at Columbia University called Children Read. It was author reading for kids books, little tents where reading areas were set up, coloring books and games for kids, and book sales. It was all free, and so so cool. There were so many cute families there. We'll be excited to go back next year when Clyde can appreciate it even more.

She's so goshdarn cute, it's hard to not snuggle her all the time! She's been fussy lately, I think because she is too hungry. So let's see how this new formula feeding goes. I'll still do the breastmilk, but just supplement with formula...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home