SuperOva

A cheap but charming NYC lesbian mom muses about muses about consumerism and wanting the good life, without having to pay top dollar for it. (Oh, and with some random ramblings about her own extended family, parenting toddlers, the NYC school system, fashion, Lindsay Lohan, and other fun stuff.)

Monday, October 22, 2007

New Entertainment Obsessions

Ingrid and I saw Michael Clayton on Saturday. A friend of ours "borrowed" Clyde. Long story. She's a single mom. Got herself knocked up by a sperm donor in doctor's office. Her daughter is 20 months now. She wants a second baby but worries it'll be too hard as a single mom so she asked to borrow Clyde so that they could "test" out being a family of three instead of two! So our friend took Clyde and Tess to a pig roast in the nabe. Apparently Clyde was very well behaved and even slept. Our friend put Clyde in the ergo carrier, and Tess in the stroller. Tess, the 20-month-old, loved Clyde and played and poked at her. Ing and I went to the movies and had a date, and drank 72 oz. of Diet Coke for $5. Cheaper than a sitter for three hours, I guess.

Then we watched the first season of Weeds on Netflix. I'm obsessed! Everyone on it is so genius. Elizabeth Perkins is my favorite, I think.

I think I need to start a blog about TV shows that I'm obsessed with, two years after everyone else discovers them: Arrested Development, Six Feet Under, 24, Weeds, Big Love. In two years, it'll be Lost, Grey's Anatomy and Heroes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home