SuperOva

A cheap but charming NYC lesbian mom muses about muses about consumerism and wanting the good life, without having to pay top dollar for it. (Oh, and with some random ramblings about her own extended family, parenting toddlers, the NYC school system, fashion, Lindsay Lohan, and other fun stuff.)

Sunday, September 30, 2007

Mommy Drinks

I threw up this weekend. For the first time since Clyde was born. So embarrassing. I almost never do that anymore! I had dinner with these work people on Friday night. This woman I work with, her son is the executive chef at a new fancy steakhouse, Primehouse. She invited me and several of our coworkers to the soft opening of the restaurant, as "friends and family," for a meal on the house.

It was wonderful. I started with a Hendricks martini and had a couple variations of white and red wine, a whole lazy Susan worth of the raw bar, steak tartare, and a bone-in ribeye steak that was fantastic. I was excited, and Clyde was with Ingrid and it was my first time out without Clyde or Ingrid since I gave birth. I had so much fun, flirting with all the wait staff and just really enjoying my coworkers, that I overdid it on the wine a bit. And the middle of the night came, and I was throwing up. Ooops.

Friday afternoon I took Clyde for her 4-month doctor visit and got some new vaccinations. As usual, Dr. Berg from Pediatric Associates says she is growing "gorgeously," and is in the 75th percentile for weight and the 50th percentile for height. But every baby I know is in those percentiles, so we don't believe the charts as much. She measures 25 inches and weighs 13 lbs, 11 oz. She can start eating solids any time from now on! She's eating more breast milk than I can pump, which means we might have to start supplementing formula for her. I am trying not to, though.

Today, Sunday, we had a great day. Took Clyde to the Atlantic Antic, a big street fair on Atlantic Avenue, and down to DUMBO arts fair. She looked at her first art in private studios, and smelled street-cooked meats for the first time, and we rode a vintage carousel with her in DUMBO. She's getting so much fun!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home