SuperOva

A cheap but charming NYC lesbian mom muses about muses about consumerism and wanting the good life, without having to pay top dollar for it. (Oh, and with some random ramblings about her own extended family, parenting toddlers, the NYC school system, fashion, Lindsay Lohan, and other fun stuff.)

Monday, December 25, 2006

Merry Christmas, Tiny!

...And to Tiny, a good night. And to Ingrid, too, who's not here with me. We went to the family's Christmas party in Mechanicsburg this past weekend, and it was a success. Nearly everyone there hugged and congratulated us, and told us how happy they were for us. It was very supportive and wonderful.

One guy, Craig Bitner, apparently didn't know the news, and was pretty shocked when Ing told him. He tried to make a joke about it, and said, "I'm trying to figure out who the donor is. Is it someone in this room?" He joked about it with another guest, who has never seemed all that excited about Ingrid's and my relationship, and she said nothing, stone-faced. I didn't witness that. But the party was, for me, all love.

Ingrid told her Grandma this weekend about the pregnancy. Grandma is 94 and has never been told outright that we are a lesbian couple, but we think she already gets it. Apparently she was confused at first about the pregnancy, but then started asking a few questions, about due date and such, and Ingrid told her she planned to adopt the child when it is born, and that we might use Ingrid's last name. Finally, Grandma said, "What if it's a boy? We could finally have a boy!" (All of Ingrid's cousins are girls, and there are no boys to carry on the family name, at present.) We took that as a wholehearted endorsement, at least as much of one as we ever expected! Hurray for low expectations, and family really coming through when you need them. Thanks, family.

I left my digital camera connector cord at work, so I can't post pictures of what 15 weeks looks like, but I am showing a teeny tiny bit. I'll post at 16 weeks, when I get back to work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home