SuperOva

A cheap but charming NYC lesbian mom muses about muses about consumerism and wanting the good life, without having to pay top dollar for it. (Oh, and with some random ramblings about her own extended family, parenting toddlers, the NYC school system, fashion, Lindsay Lohan, and other fun stuff.)

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Sleeping Beauty

Ok, the past three nights, I have had dinner, lay on the couch and fallen asleep by 8 or 9 p.m. How am I going to swing New Year's Eve? I feel bad for Ingrid. In addition to this early-to-bed thing, I take at least two small naps in a day, usually in the car with my mom, where I am now.

My friend Nina told me some people sell maternity clothes on craigslist. I looked, and there were a few listings. Brilliant! I found an amazing dress at Barney's Co-Op at the South Coast Plaza mall in Orange County, California, but it was slightly too tight in the sleeves. My mom says it's because I'm too "buff" in the upper arms. Not sure if that is a compliment or a criticism.

Still wavering at 121 lbs, 9 lbs more than when I got pregnant. Ingrid says my blog is really about a pregnant lesbian with an eating disorder. We're not going to put that in the profile, though, OK?

Today, I am trying to visualize our baby, and start talking to it more. Ingrid is usually the one who does the talking, through my belly, but we're away from each other this week, so I am trying some new rituals. My aunt Anh told me last night that it's an old myth that if you gain all the weight in your belly, it's going to be a boy, and if you gain it throughout the hips and butt and lower body, it's a girl. How did I live 35 years without ever knowing this???

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home