SuperOva

A cheap but charming NYC lesbian mom muses about muses about consumerism and wanting the good life, without having to pay top dollar for it. (Oh, and with some random ramblings about her own extended family, parenting toddlers, the NYC school system, fashion, Lindsay Lohan, and other fun stuff.)

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Should SuperOva wear high heels?

This pic is from 15 weeks, BTW.

Last night we had Christmas with the Nguyen family, my mom's side, the Vietnamese family. Everyone was really cute; both of my grandparents wanted to feel my belly. Four different women there, though, saw that I was wearing high heels, and they said, "No more high heels!" Hello? I'm not infirmed! Just a little tired once in awhile. In fact, I had to take two naps during the time we were at my grandparents' house for dinner. Has anyone else who is pregnant stopped wearing high heels, as long as they were comfortable in them? I rarely do wear them, but I've been feeling so schlumpy lately, that I kind of like it once in awhile.

I've been reading this book my friend Rhonda gave me, The Natural Pregnancy Book. It's kind of hippy dippy (so is Rhonda; she had a natural childbirth), but I've been wanting to consider natural childbirth, and every friend I've mentioned it to is like, "Are you fucking crazy??!!" But I really am kind of curious. The book is very woman-centric, and dissuades pregnant women from thinking of themselves as weak or sick or infirmed, at the same time encouraging them to get plenty of rest and listen to their bodies. My body is saying I need two naps a day, but that it's also OK to wear heels, if I don't have to walk in them!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do whatever makes you feel good!

you go girl!

1:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home