SuperOva

A cheap but charming NYC lesbian mom muses about muses about consumerism and wanting the good life, without having to pay top dollar for it. (Oh, and with some random ramblings about her own extended family, parenting toddlers, the NYC school system, fashion, Lindsay Lohan, and other fun stuff.)

Monday, January 01, 2007

Mommy-to-be on meth?

Happy new year, everyone! Tita, my mother-in-law, said that in the second trimester, I could expect a great surge of energy. I didn't believe this when last week, at 15 weeks, I was in California and fell asleep at 8:30 every night. But Friday, at 16 weeks, I turned a corner. Ingrid and I had a beautiful day in the city, having a relaxed lunch and trying to go to MoMA, but not going because the lines were too long, and just walking down to Chelsea to look at galleries and having an egg cream and coconut pie at a diner. I stayed up past 11! Then Saturday night, I cooked for us and again went to bed at 11. Last night, New Year's Eve, I was up til 12:30 and felt fine. I also haven't taken a nap in five days.

Today, I decided to mop the floors upstairs! I felt like a suburban mom on amphetamines!! Ingrid's been a machine this weekend: she cleaned out all our closets and put storage bins and shelving into the basement. Thanks, DaMa.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home