SuperOva

A cheap but charming NYC lesbian mom muses about muses about consumerism and wanting the good life, without having to pay top dollar for it. (Oh, and with some random ramblings about her own extended family, parenting toddlers, the NYC school system, fashion, Lindsay Lohan, and other fun stuff.)

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Diane Keaton, and other nice people today

Our friends Jim and Jeremy took us to the Lincoln Center Film Society's Gala Tribute to Diane Keaton, for her lifetime of work in film, last night. Liz Smith was sitting right in front of Ing, and Jeff Daniels, to her right. SI Newhouse was in front of me. Sarah Jessica Parker spoke first, and I decided I have a new-born crush on her. She was charming and self-effacing and her hair was... perfection!! (See the picture?) Other speakers were Woody Allen, Meryl Streep, Candice Bergen, Martin Short, Steve Martin and Lisa Kudrow. Everyone was pretty funny and loveable on stage. It was fun! Good NYC glamourous night.

Today on the subway, a man gave me his seat during rush hour. During my spin class, the guy next to me said, "Don't deliver in here!" I said I'd try not to, and he asked how far along I was, and I told him, and he said, "Good for you!" (For continuing to spin, I assume he meant.) Then in the locker room, a woman saw me naked and said, "You're still so beautiful!" It was a day of nice energy from strangers. I feel bad about calling the guy at Ingrid's building last night an asshole, when he wouldn't let me sit down on the stairs. (He, too, gave me a stool for a few minutes, so I felt bad about that for awhile.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home