SuperOva

A cheap but charming NYC lesbian mom muses about muses about consumerism and wanting the good life, without having to pay top dollar for it. (Oh, and with some random ramblings about her own extended family, parenting toddlers, the NYC school system, fashion, Lindsay Lohan, and other fun stuff.)

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

36 Week Doctor Visit

Well, we are officially at NINE MONTHS of pregnancy! Saw Dr. Dodson today, and we got hooked up to a fetal monitor to test the baby's heartrate and movement, which were both good. We got a sonogram, to test the levels of amniotic fluid, which were good. The sonographer says the baby's head is down, and she's facing my back, which is the right position for a vaginal birth. So we're getting there! Dodson also did a cervical exam and says my cervix is still closed, which means I am not at all dilated and not close to labor yet. She also told me that she thinks I should stay closer to home than the Jersey Shore after Memorial Day, in case I go into early labor. That means no Jersey Shore the weekends btw June 1 and June 15--I'm bummed. Stuck in the city! Not so bad though.

We saw the movie Waitress over the weekend and loved it. It's about a woman who gets pregnant and is very conflicted about it, and is very lonely. See it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home