SuperOva

A cheap but charming NYC lesbian mom muses about muses about consumerism and wanting the good life, without having to pay top dollar for it. (Oh, and with some random ramblings about her own extended family, parenting toddlers, the NYC school system, fashion, Lindsay Lohan, and other fun stuff.)

Thursday, May 10, 2007

Ignorant Comment of the Day

So this was a good one. I saw a man who works in my building, who has always been very friendly with me, on the way out today. He saw me, and he said, "Wow! Congratulations!" I guess I haven't seen him since I've been showing. He said, "I didn't know you were married."

"I'm not," I said, confused. "I'm partnered," I quickly said. "But last I checked, you don't have to be married to have a baby."

He was obviously flummoxed and didn't know what to say. I tried to make the moment less awkward, by saying, "You really meant to say that you thought I was too young to be a mom, right?" And he said, "No, I just didn't see a ring."

"Wow, you're old school," I said. I wasn't hostile, but really wanted to say, "Last I checked, this was the year 2007. Not sure what planet you're living on, but welcome to this one."

Meanwhile, I thought I saw Michelle Williams on the walk home; she lives in the nabe. I have seen this woman before, and if it isn't Michelle, it's her blonder, prettier (is that possible?) doppelganger. This one has a big fluffy Siberian husky-esque dog, and is skinny and beautiful. Michelle, where are you?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home