SuperOva

A cheap but charming NYC lesbian mom muses about muses about consumerism and wanting the good life, without having to pay top dollar for it. (Oh, and with some random ramblings about her own extended family, parenting toddlers, the NYC school system, fashion, Lindsay Lohan, and other fun stuff.)

Saturday, August 25, 2007

Clyde's First Flight

We flew across the country this week, to visit Grandma Van and Grandpa Fred and Clyde's great grandparents and all of her aunties and uncles in Orange County, CA. The trip has been a raging success so far!

First, I figured out how to hook a carseat into a taxi without the car seat base. Easy peasy. Then, we did curbside check of my bag, and I brought the stroller attachment to the seat, which worked fine in the airport. I got mysteriously upgraded to first class. Amazing! There were all of these older men in first class, all looking like, "Don't sit next to me!" But the man who was next to me was very nice and even offered to hold Clyde while I ate (there is actually food in first class, and it's not bad! And unlimited wine!). She was an angel. She cried for, like, 5 minutes and that's all. She was alert for about an hour or two of the flight and we talked and read and played with a toy. The flight attendants took turns holding her while I ate, and they seemed very happy to do it.

On the connecting flight, I had to sit in icky coach, but it worked out OK. The man next to me was very nice and even held Clyde while she cried for a few minutes. It was not too bad. I checked the stroller at the gate and it was waiting for us when we got off the plane. So, traveling with an infant, the verdict is: NOT SO BAD! The only hard part really was going through security, I had to take apart the stroller and put it through the xray machine and carry Clyde through by hand. And on the flight, I had her in her Ergo carrier so my hands were kind of free.

When we got home, her sleep schedule was kind of screwy so she woke up twice in the night but she was mostly fine! Hooray!

1 Comments:

Blogger Nick said...

Yay! I am so glad the traveling has been so seamless.

Can't wait to see you both when you're back home.

12:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home